Pop-Up Mobile Food Pantries
MMSD, in partnership with Second Harvest Foodbank of Southern Wisconsin, is proud to offer a number of school-based food pantries for MMSD families and in the case of the drive through distributions - the entire community.
Locations and times
- East YMCA (serving La Follette feeder patterns schools)- 2nd and 4th Thursdays of the month starting at 3:30 pm; (please note the November/Dec date changes - November 18 & December 16.) Drive through distributions
- Cherokee Middle School - Snack program with in school pantry to support families in crisis.
- Lincoln Elementary - 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 12:00 - 1:30pm; Drive through distributions
- Leopold Elementary - 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the month starting at 11:00 in October, shifting to every other week at 11:00 starting on November 9th; Drive through distributions
- Hawthorne Elementary - not operating at this time. Hawthorne families are encouraged to visit the East Madison Community Center Food Pantry
- Sandburg Elementary - Available for Sandburg families only. Please contact your student’s teacher for information.
- Lakeview Elementary - 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month from 3:15 - 4:15 pm; Drive through distributions
- Mendota Elementary - 2nd and 4th Mondays of every month from 2:30 - 4:00 pm (starting Monday, October 25th); Drive through distributions
- Thoreau weekend food program - Monthly delivery distribution of dry goods for students and families at Thoreau Elementary on the first Friday of each month.
- District-wide program - Thea’s Table is a weekly delivery program for MMSD students and MMSD families experiencing homelessness or a crisis. The families are referred to the program by MMSD school social workers.
Some quick facts about these sites
The drive through food distribution will typically have boxes of produce, freezer, dairy, and shelf stable dry goods. These will vary from site to site, and week to week.
Stay in your car, food will be loaded into your trunk
Proxy shoppers are allowed
No ID required